Conjured Referrals Best Practices
Did you know? Shoppers referred by a friend are 10x more likely to make a purchase. A referral program can help grow your store’s business, as customers are more likely to purchase something when they have a word-of-mouth referral from a trusted source. This could come from their close friends and peers, or through an influencer they follow on social media. In this article, we’ll cover some of the best practices to ensure you have a successful referral program.
Conjured Referrals has a few different display types for your campaigns, from post-purchase, to custom pages. All paid plans allow you to have unlimited campaigns running simultaneously, which can help ensure you reach all types of customers.
- Have two campaigns, one with a post-purchase modal to advertise your referral program after your customers have purchased, and the other as a custom page so you can directly send this link to your customers in many different formats.
- Add the custom page link to your store’s main navigation. This will attract customers, as its attention grabbing , but not intrusive when browsing your store.
To make the most out of Conjured Referrals, you can’t just set it and forget it. Advertise and promote your referral program widely across your regular marketing initiatives.
Use your email marketing to advertise your referral program. Anyone who has signed up for your newsletter will know that you have a referral program and the details of it.
- When using email marketing services (like Klaviyo), add an email specific to your referral campaign every so often in your email marketing flow. This will let your customers know that you have a referral program, as well as any details about the program (types of rewards they will receive).
- Add a link to your referral program to all your marketing emails, even if it’s unobtrusive. This gives another touch point so your customers can sign up at any time.
- Add a link to all of your transactional emails. Use these transactional emails as a way to let your customers know about the referral program, especially the order confirmation email sent from Shopify.
Social media marketing
Social media is the most effective way to market your store. If you have a social media presence, make posts that specifically mention your referral program, so your followers know they can get rewarded by sharing your store with their friends.
- Most modern social media platforms (TikTok, Instagram) don’t allow you to post a link in your posts, and the bio for your account is limited to one link. We suggest using a service that aggregates many links to one page and adding a link to your custom page into that service (LinkTree, LinkPop, Lnk.Bio).
- Schedule posts specific to your referral campaign, letting your followers know what they can receive as a reward when sharing your store with their friends.
In-person marketing is not as common, especially when it comes to an online store, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be used to help advertise your referral campaign.
- Create physical inserts that have a QR code that links to the custom page you have created for your referral campaign. These can be added to all your shipments so that your customers can scan the QR code and share it with their friends.
- If you have a brick-and-mortar storefront, you can do the same as above with signs throughout the store, or inserts that can be added to the bag after the purchase.
Ensuring your widgets are customized to your branding will help ensure a level of trust, and consistency throughout your store.
- Conjured Referrals has simple customization options to change the themes of your widget, and update colors, fonts, text sizes etc.
- You can also fully rewrite the widgets using HTML so that the look and feel can be completely customized to your needs. If you need assistance with customizing the branding of your store, feel free to reach out to our friends at Storetasker.