Get Started with Shipping Rates Calculator+
Shipping Rate Calculator Plus displays your Shipping Rates on the cart page by using geolocation to display rates for your customer’s location. This gives your customer an informed choice about shipping rates before going to the checkout.
The app is simple to use and set up, all you need to do is install it, and you should start seeing the widget on the cart page. There are ways you can customize the app. See below for some of those options.
Note: To enable international shipping prices, from your Shopify Admin got to Settings > Markets > International > Manage > Activate.
By default, Shipping Rates Calculator Plus will pull colours and styles from your theme to style the widget. However, you have the ability to change the styling of the widget. Here are some options you can change:
- Colour of many parts of the widget (background, text, border, etc.).
- Change the font colour, family, weight, and size.
- Resize the map, or remove it entirely.
- Add horizontal lines to add separation to some sections of the widget.
In addition to the above, you can also add custom CSS to any section of the editor.
You are also able to add a Shipping Note if you need to let your customers know something specific in regards to Shipping.
On this page, you can choose options for real-time carriers, including the following:
- Estimated date and time of delivery.
- Add a buffer day if you ship your products a few days later.
- Set the max hour in which you will ship products. After that time, it will add an extra day to the estimation.
- Allow shipping on Saturdays to factor in Saturday for the shipping calculations.
This page allows you to change some additional settings:
- Change the location of the widget (you can have a different location on desktop and mobile).
- Support Drawer and Pop-Up carts.
- Refresh the widgets when certain elements are used - This allows the widget to be updated when the cart is dynamically updated (quantity, etc.).
- Change the display of the prices.
- Change the message when shipping rates are not available.
- Enable Fast Loading.
- Auto-Configure the widget when the theme changes.
- This app cannot be used to configure shipping rates; those need to be done within Shopify (This includes free shipping rates for the Free Shipping Bar feature).
- To enable international shipping prices, from your Shopify Admin got to Settings > Markets > International > Manage > Activate.
- This app may not work with all 3rd party shipping apps. It depends on how the apps add shipping rates to Shopify, and you will need to test them to see if they work with Shipping Rates Calculator Plus.
- Apps that add cart discounts may not work with the cart widget. This is because they are often just changing the display of the price on the cart page rather than actually changing the price of the cart.
You will want to test to ensure that Shipping Rates Calculator Plus works after it has been installed. To test, you will want to follow these steps:
- Go to your Shopify storefront.
- Find a product and add it to the cart.
- If you have a drawer or pop-up cart and you have enabled support for it, you should see how it looks now.
- Go to the cart page (yourstore.myshopify.com/cart).
- You should see the widget show up in the location you selected. (By default, it will be at the bottom of the cart page)
- It should auto-detect your current location and show you shipping rates for this location.
- You should then select “Not Shipping to Location?” and select a different location.
- Compare these shipping rates with the ones in your Shopify admin to ensure that they match up. If they don’t, you may need to refresh the shipping rates cache under Advanced Preferences.
Free Shipping Bar
The Free Shipping Bar motivates your customers to spend more, by showing them how much they have left to spend before getting free shipping.
- In your Shipping Rates Calculator Plus admin, go to Free Shipping Bar.
- Set your goal. The goal value is the amount a customer needs to spend before getting free shipping. You can create as many goals as you would like, and assign them to different countries.
- Note: You will need to set up your free shipping rates in Shopify before setting up your goals. More information here.
- Customize the text that appears in your shipping bar.
- Customize the background and font colors of your shipping bar.
- Go to your storefront.
- You will see the first bar before you add anything to your cart.
- Add an item to your cart, and you will see the value drop and the new message show up.
- Add enough items to your cart to match or surpass the goal. You will see the successful message.